SepiaSense THEATER

Films big and small from the creative core of the Moving Picture industry.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Crazy Skies

September 22, 2005.


I was on my evening commute,
My carpool buddy noticed something in the sky.
Gotta give a quick shout out to this contribution.
Fuzzy wuzzy photo...Brought to you by one excited camera phone.

In about 15 seconds,
I parked the car, and the light trail flew over 100 miles.
people were coming out of their businesses to watch the show.
Even Air Force personnel at Vandenberg AFB.


gene blevins saw it


william hartenstein watched it


so did joe cahak

I used the "zoom" on the phone-camera, which you have to take my word --- its a better phone than a camera. I got a cool close-up on the tip of the rocket as it began to spin and fly out of the earth's atmosphere.




tim madden got the ill-sick-with-it version of what I shot with the phone.

The Air Force STP-R1 Streak satellite was launched into polar orbit by a Minotaur rocket from Space launch Complex 8 at Vandenberg Air Force Base at 7:24 P.M. PDT on Thursday, September 22, 2005.


gene blevins was there from the beginning...
he's a bad motha-shut yo mouth.

Click on the heading of this article to see the countdown on this satellite launch from Vandenberg AFB.

2 Comments:

  • At 10/01/2005 12:20 PM, Blogger tim andren said…

    Saw this at the when I was at the LA County Fair. As I continue to trip on all things human and collect data for my book I love to eavesdrop on the people around me.
    I saw a couple of young bucks cruising the fair who happened to be looking up at the sky.

    One said to the other 'What is that up there?', the other replied lazily 'I don't know, probably a bomb or something' as he stuffed his face with funnel cake.

     
  • At 10/02/2005 12:33 AM, Blogger Buck Goldman said…

    Celestial events always seem to raise the most interesting theories. I guess that's why folks believed the earth was flat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home