SepiaSense THEATER

Films big and small from the creative core of the Moving Picture industry.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

MOVIES - The Strange Case of Patient X



28-year old director Stephen Kilkie has created a body of work that is reminiscent of the classic suspenseful moods that we come to expect from good storytelling. My first experience of Kilkie's work came when I literally stumbled upon "The Strange Case of Patient X", which I thought was well told and very clever.

All of his work that I have seen to date, FORCES you to keep your eyes pinned to the screen, even when you think its logical to look away. He remains one to watch (again with suspense), awaiting his latest release.

He is rumored to have the attention of UK & US producers who are planning the release of his current body of work.

Click on the title of this article (ABOVE) to see this film

---------------

CHECK IT OUT !

2 Comments:

  • At 9/15/2005 8:41 AM, Blogger tim andren said…

    Nice one. I liked the execution of the film. Overall it was very compelling.

    I think it could have had a better actor though. I found that he lacked an important trait needed in a short like this and that's the ability to convey a lot of feeling. When he dropped the pool cue I was terrified and found myself wanting more expression out of our character.

     
  • At 10/05/2005 8:29 PM, Blogger Buck Goldman said…

    Love the fact that the stoic performance made the villain much more creepy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home